Savannah: 912-233-1100
Atlanta: 770-948-5454

≡ Menu

Atlanta Workers’ Compensation Attorney – Do I have to seek treatment from the posted panel of physicians?

Yes. You must seek treatment from a doctor on the posted panel of physicians.

If you are injured on the job in Georgia and are pursuing a workers’ compensation claim, you have the right to receive medical treatment completely free of charge. However, you must seek treatment from an approved doctor. Your employer has what is called a posted panel of physicians, which is a list of approved doctors that you can see to treat you for your work related injury.

If your employer does not have a posted panel of physicians, you get to choose what doctor to go to, so finding an attorney to help you make the right choice can be critical to your treatment and wellbeing.

All approved medical care doctors are paid for by the insurance company. Some of them are better than others. Some of them genuinely care about making sure you are healed, while others care more about getting you back to work as soon as possible. If you don’t feel like the doctor you are seeing has your best interests in mind, you should see a different doctor from the approved list.

Comments on this entry are closed.

Our Books

Have A Question? We Likely Have The Answer.

Your Nolo Profile

L. Ty WilsonReviewsout of 32 reviews


  • Awesome Lawyer and very helpful!

  • Mr. Wilson is truly a very good person who cares about people. I understand he selected this career but I do know he makes many sacrifices to help he’s clients. I am very grateful to have had him as my attorney and if I ever have to use one again (hopefully not) it will be Mr. Wilson.

  • He worked with me. He told me everything. He called me. He gave me all the information.

  • He will be my family lawyer from now until the end because I can trust him.

  • He's just a great guy.

  • He always calls you right back and even if it's on the weekend - he's going to call you back.

  • View All