According to an article in the Atlanta Business Chronical on bizjournals.com, fatal Georgia work injuries decreased by 25% in 2010. Nationally, the numbers pretty much remained the same.
The data which was published by the US Census Bureau showed 82 fatal Georgia work-related injuries in 2010, a decrease from 110 in 2009. The 82 Georgia fatal injuries included:
- 18 transportation-related incidents
- 23 assults or violent acts
- 16 related to contact with objects or equipment
- 15 falls
- 6 exposures to dangerous substances and/or environments
- 4 related to fires and/or explosions
On whole, there were 4,547 work-related injuries in the US in 2010 compared to 4,551 in 2009.