Savannah: 912-233-1100
Atlanta: 770-948-5454

≡ Menu

Atlanta Personal Injury Attorney – My Child was Hit By A Vehicle in Another State? Where Do We Hire A Lawyer?

If someone was hurt in another state, typically speaking you will need to find an attorney in the state the person got hurt in.  The courts in the state where the injury occurred typically have what is known as jurisdiction to hear the case should the matter require litigation.

Even if the claim does not require litigation, it is the laws of the state where the crash or collision occurred that will control the matter.

I hope this helps answer your question, if you need more details I recommend you reach out to a personal injury attorney in the state where your child was injured and speak with a few.  Make sure you are comfortable with whomever you eventually retain.  You will be dealing from out of state and can not just schedule an appointment and pop in.  So comfort is the most important aspect of your representation.

Good luck.

Ty Wilson is a Georgia personal injury attorney who practices law in Savannah and Atlanta, Georgia.

Comments on this entry are closed.

Our Books

Have A Question? We Likely Have The Answer.

Your Nolo Profile

L. Ty WilsonReviewsout of 32 reviews


  • Awesome Lawyer and very helpful!

  • Mr. Wilson is truly a very good person who cares about people. I understand he selected this career but I do know he makes many sacrifices to help he’s clients. I am very grateful to have had him as my attorney and if I ever have to use one again (hopefully not) it will be Mr. Wilson.

  • He worked with me. He told me everything. He called me. He gave me all the information.

  • He will be my family lawyer from now until the end because I can trust him.

  • He's just a great guy.

  • He always calls you right back and even if it's on the weekend - he's going to call you back.

  • View All