For as long as I can remember, I have been interested in the law for two big reasons. My grandfather was the chief of police in the small town where I grew up, and my father was a local councilman and a general practice attorney.
After starting law school, I worked for a personal injury/workers’ compensation attorney, and I saw how much he was able to assist people who needed help. I saw how fulfilling it was to help others, and it reminded me why I decided to go to law school. When a client is so happy that they hug me and cry telling me how much I have made a difference in their life, it creates an amazing feeling that keeps me doing what I’m doing.
I spend my free time with my wife and two children, coaching baseball, flag football and cheering at every one of my kids’ events I can attend. When not at my children’s events, I enjoy walking our two dogs, hiking in the mountains, and spending time in nature.
I’m Ty Wilson, the owner and founder of Ty Wilson Law. I received a Juris Doctorate Degree from John Marshall Law School and his B.B.A. in Finance from Sam Houston State University. I’m a member of the State Bar of Georgia, Georgia Trial Lawyers Association, Georgia Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers.
Years of Experience:
- Licensed for 18 years
- Work Injuries (Spinal Injuries – Upper (cervical) Middle (thoracic) Lower (lumbar), Head Injuries, Eye Injuries, Shoulder Injuries, Hip Injuries, Knee Injuries)
- Car/Auto Accidents
- Motorcycle Accidents
- Pedestrian Accidents
- Bicycle Accidents
- Dog bites/Animal Attacks
- Chatham County Traffic Tickets (Savannah, Pooler, Port Wentworth, Garden City, Tybee Island, Bloomingdale)
- Georgia Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers 2006 – Present
- Georgia Trial Lawyers Association, Workers Compensation Section 2006 – Present
- Georgia Trial Lawyers Association 2004 – Present
- State Bar of Georgia 2001 – Present
- Savannah Bar Association 2012 – 2014
- Rockdale County Bar Association 2009 – 2012
- Atlanta Bar Association 2008 – 2012
- Cobb Bar Association 2006 – 2010
- American Association for Justice 2004 – 2014
- Southern Trial Lawyers Association 2004 – Present
- Georgia State Courts
- Georgia Superior Courts
- Georgia Court of Appeals
- Georgia Supreme Court
- Northern District of Georgia Federal Court
- Middle District of Georgia Federal Court
- Southern District of Georgia Federal Court
- HG.org – Social Media Can Hurt Your Injury Claim 2012
- HG.org – How to Fire Your Attorney 2012
- HG.org – Trucking Accidents and the Personal Injury Claim 2012
- HG.org – Playground Injuries – More Common Than You Think 2012
- Article – What Can You Do When You’re Hurt In a Slip-and-Fall 2011
- Article – How Do I Prove Negligence? 2011
- Book – The Ultimate Consumer Guide to Purchasing Motor Vehicle Insurance in Georgia 2011
- Book – Your Injury Diary 2011
- Article – How to Find a Qualified Personal Injury Attorney in Georgia 2011
- Article – 3 Reasons Your Workers Compensation May Be Denied 2011
- Article – The 3 Things the Insurance Companies Consider When Settling a Georgia Workers Compensation Claim 2010
- Article – Why Are All Accident Cases Different? 2010
- Book – 10 Secrets of Georgia Car Wreck Claims 2010
- Article – 5 Things You Must Know About Your Georgia Workers Compensation Claim 2010
According to the National Highway Transportation Safety Administration, 4,985 motorcyclists were killed in motorcycle crashes nationwide in 2018.
As experienced pedestrian accident lawyers in Savannah, GA, our firm understands the negative effects a pedestrian accident can have on you and your family and the financial devastation which may result if not addressed timely.